Rodolfo de Bernart (Italy) was elected President of EFTA for 2016-2019
Maria Borcsa, EFTA President 2013-2016 receives flowers for her work
Maria Borcsa welcomes Rodolfo de Bernart as new president of EFTA, Athens October 2016
The European Family Therapy Association (EFTA) is an international association dedicated to scientific purposes.
EFTA was established in 1990 and has members from 29 European nations. It is a strictly non-profit making association.
EFTA’s members comprise currently of 29 national organizations (EFTA-NFTO), 108 training institutes (EFTA-TIC) and about 1100 individual members (EFTA-CIM).
The main goals leading us are:
- Linking and coordinating European national organizations, institutes and individuals in the field of family therapy and systemic practice.
- Promoting the highest level of competence and quality in practice, research, supervision and teaching in family therapy and allied fields.
- Enhancing the training of systemic professionals and family therapists at regional, national and European levels by organizing and facilitating exchanges between individuals as well as professional centers.
- Facilitating European co-operation and exchange of ideas and experience among associations, institutions and individuals concerning medical, legal, social, psychological, gender, cultural, economic, spiritual and other aspects of human experiences in relation to systemic thinking and practice.
- Spreading information about family therapy and the systemic approaches throughout Europe to individuals, institutions and organizations concerned with the health and development of families and human systems.
- Promoting research, conferences, publications, audio-visual tools and other scientific material in this field through meetings and all other appropriate communicational methods.
- Enhancing the training of systemic professionals and family therapists at regional, national and European levels by organizing and facilitating exchanges between individuals, and professional centers.
- Creating links with other organizations having common or compatible aims in and outside of Europe.
The activities for achieving the aims of the association are:
- Regular international meetings, conferences and seminars
- International congresses
- Publication of a book series
- Professional exchanges between family therapy centers, therapists in training and trainers from different European countries
- Establishment of committees related to the aims of EFTA
- Other activities as to advance the aims of the association
Help EFTA grow!
- Encourage professionals, Training Institutes and National Federations you consider eligible to join. (Refer to the websites of the 3 Chambers for membership categories and criteria).
- Promote EFTA to students and trainees, supporting them to apply for associate membership.